Bachehaye Ma Orphanage – Kerman, Iran
PKCF is proud to continue funding all the expenses of this exemplary organisation who’s name means ‘Our Children’. Founded in 2004 by the Tavakoli Family aftermath the Bam earthquake to care for 15 orphaned children. In 2006 PKCF funded the construction of two homes on land purchased by the Tavakoli family. More children were added and PKCF continued funding the construction of more homes & facilities, the compound now encompasses 5 homes, laundry room, library/IT centre and a fully equipped sewing workshop, which is run by the older girls who make bedding and clothing for the residents and as a small business. This has become a successful enterprise and is allowing the girls to earn a small wage as well as help the Centre. Under the management of the amazing Roshahank Tavakoli, this centre is home to 72 children from the age of 4. Seven children have special needs and attend special schools.
- Taha, 5-year-old is visually impaired.
- Dorna, 7 has an inoperable heart problem.
- Nadia, 7 was born with deficient chromosome.
The children are nurtured and brought up as one large family. They leave as adults after completing their higher education but the ties with the centre remain long after they have left.
Some of the achievements of the wonderful children
- Parisa graduated in Hotel Management, is married and works for Mahan Air.
- Sanaz received her BA and MA in Accounting and now works for a large accountancy firm in Kerman. She is currently living at the Centre and helping with their accounts.
- Arezoo is a Law Graduate. She is living at the Centre whilst studying for her bar exams, as well as helping her younger siblings with their studies.
- Nazy is in her last year of university studying Phycology.
- Fati graduated from a Fashion Design college and now manages the Sewing workshop.
- Hamid is studying Aviation at University.
- Soroush is a National Swimming Champion and a member of the Iranian Youth Paralympic Team.
- Abu, Mehdi, Mohamad-Reza are talented football players. Moeen plays for the young Kerman Copper Football Club.
- Behnaz & Habibeh after graduating from High School, Sahar after obtaining her Social Worker Permit got married. Their dowries and weddings were provided by Bachehay Ma.
- Ehsan, Ali, & Reza graduated from Technical colleges and are now working as electricians, mechanics and plumbers and live together outside the centre.
PKCF members visit the Centre several times a year and have established strong ties with the children & staff
You can donate online by visiting the Donations page.